Dr. Suhaila Al-Bahlani
Dr. Suhaila Sulaiman Al-Bahlani is a world class speaker with a trailing list of Local & International Participation as Speaker and Trainer. She is also an avid practitioner in her field. She is decorated with multiple certifications and an M.Sc. in Child Dental Health.
Institutes having certified her include Royal College of Surgeons – England, Leeds Dental Institute – England, Royal College of Surgeons – Ireland.
For Paediatric Dentistry her quest for knowledge has taken her to Leeds Dental Institute -England (UK), Royal College of Surgeons Glasgow (UK) and Bristol Universtity – Bristol (UK) & Cairo University – Cairo (Egypt).
Her decorative career has taken her to Abu Dhabi, Dubai & Oman. She is currently a Senior Consultant in Paediatric Dentistry at Al-Nahdha Hospital – Muscat (Oman).
Her research projects include;
§ Retrospective study of repeated Dental GA in children at Al-Nahdha Hospital (2012).
§ Delay eruption of the central incisor teeth in the Omani population, Joint project with Dr Laila Al-Jadidi, Orthodontics Department, Al-Nahdha Hospital (2008 – 2013).
§ Amelogenesis Imperfecta jointly with Dr Allan Mighell, Leeds Dental Institute, Leeds University, Leeds, UK (2008 – to date).
§ Dental survey of 6 year old school children on decay of first permanent molars in Oman in coordination with visiting Professor Ken Stephen of Glasgow University, UK (1996).
§ Research on Retention of fissure sealant of 6-year-old children in Oman (1995).
Her Research Publications include;
§ Nephrocalcinosis caused by autosomal recessive FAM20A mutations, Nephron Phsiol. ;122 (1-2):1-6, 2012
§ Mutation in C4orf26 Cause Amelogenesis Imperfecta and Identify a Novel Peptide with in vitro Hydroxyapatite Nucleation Activity, Published in Am J Hum Genet 91 (3) 565-7 2012
§ Difficult intubation management in a child with I-cell Disease, Saudi J Anaesth. 2010 May-Aug; 4(2): 105–107.
§ Gingivectomy and dental extractions under GA in a 5-yr old with I-Cell Disease. European Archives of Paediatric Dentistry Abstracts of EAPD Congress, 2010
§ Mutations in the Beta Propeller WDR72 Cause Autosomal-Recessive. Hypomaturation Amelogenesis Imperfecta. The American Journal of Human Genetics 85, 699–705, November 13, 2009
§ A Case Report: Dental Management of Atrivenous malformation in International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry, vol. 19 (2009)
§ Tooth extraction, Bleeding and pain control in J. R. Coll. Surg. Edinb, 46, (Oct. 2001), pp. 261-264
International Courses & Conferences
· 13th EAPD Congress, 2nd-5th June 2016, Serbia
· 3rd Egyptian Pediatric Dentistry Society 5th-7th may 2015
· First Sohar International Conference, Sohar, Oman (Invited speaker) , March 14 , 2015.
· 9th Paediatric Dentistry Association of Asia Conference, Singapore August 22-24 2014
· 18th World Congress on Dental Traumatology, Istanbul, Turkey June 19-21 2014 (Poster presentation nominated for award)
· 8th Interim seminar &Workshop of the European Academy of Paediatric Dentistry. Limassol, Cyprus 2013 (Poster presentation)
· AEEDEC February 2013: Paper accepted for presentation (Speaker)
§ 7th European Academy of Paediatric Dentistry, March 2011m Istanbul, Turkey
§ AEEDEC January 2011, Dubai, UAE
§ European Academy of paediatric Dentistry congress, June 2010, Harrogate, UK (Speaker and chairperson)
§ AEEDEC 2009 Dubai (Speaker and Session Chairperson)
§ The 5th BDS Dental Conference, October 2009, Manama, Kingdom of Bahrain (Speaker)
§ International Association of Paediatric Dentistry Conference, June 2009, Munich, Germany. (Speaker)
§ First Jordanian and Seventh Arabic Congress of Paediatric Dentistry, November 2008, Dead Sea, Jordan
· Oral Traumatology, 19th of November 2008, Dead Sea, Jordan.
Safeguarding Children in Dentistry: Child Protection and Beyond, 14th of March 2008, Royal College of England, UK.
· BSPD study day on Aesthetics and Self Image, 11th of January 2007, BDA Headquarters, London, UK.
Local Courses & Conferences
The use of Inhalation Sedation in Dentistry 13th and 14th May 2016
· 18th International Dental Conference 31st March-1st of April 2016 (Speaker)
§ Basic Life Support for healthcare Abu Dhabi April 2014
§ EAPD Seminar Dubai March 2014
§ Conscious Sedation Practice for Dentistry March 2014, Dubai Healthcare City
§ Paediatric Dental Club, Muscat Military hospital March 2014 (Speaker)
§ ODS 3rd Dental Scientific Day, December 2011, Muscat, Oman (Speaker)
§ Quality Awareness & Communication Skills Workshop, December 2009, Muscat, Oman.
§ ODS 2nd Scientific Day, December 2009, Muscat, Oman (Speaker)
· Interdisciplinary Strategies-Connect, Converse and Make a Difference, October 2009, Muscat, Oman
§ 3rd DSA Workshop, April 2009, Muscat, Oman. (Speaker)
§ Oman Annual Dental Conference, December 2008, Muscat, Oman. (Speaker)
· Workshop on Cleft Lip & Palate, January 2005, Muscat, Oman
· Decision Making in Crown and Bridge Work Course given by Professor Richard J. Ibbetson, Director of the Edinburgh Postgraduate Institute and Chair of Primary Dental Care of the University of Edinburgh, 2004, Muscat, Oman
· Clinical Orthodontics for General Dental Practitioners given by Dr Suren Bhatia, Honorary Consultant at King’s Dental Institute, University of London, UK, 2004, Muscat, Oman
· ART Technique course conducted by Dr C.J. Holmgren, WHO Consultant in Oral Health in France, 2002, Muscat, Oman
· Dental Traumatology Workshop. 7 February 2015 ,Muscat ,Oman (Speaker)
· 10TH Arab Paediatric Dentistry Conference .7-9th of March 2015 , Kuwait.
· 1st Sohar Dental Conference 14 of March 2015. Sohar (Speaker)